It amazes me how one small jog in life can throw me off these days! One weeks gets fuller than usual with the stuff of 'life' and I seem to get farther and farther behind. Remember when I mentioned that I was planning a 'pithy' post? Well - here it is.
- Archaeology - this would not make money either. I have, however, retained my zeal for history.
- Make Up Artist - again, a difficult business to get into and not a money maker for most.
- Perfumer - I've always loved scent but never really knew how to pursue that avenue.
- Book publisher/editor/seller - there is no good reason that I should not have pursued this one! I managed bookstores and worked in a library. I think I was just too young and stupid to recognize a good thing !
- Artist - the one thing I have aspired to my whole life - well, at least since I can remember. Money was the concern here as well. I did grow up near to the NYC art scene and became 'turned off' to the SoHo gallery scene. It seemed to me that many artists - in order to get a career going - almost demeaned themselves in their quest to procure a patron and gallery time. I knew I would do well in that environment. That much hasn't changed - I am still not a good self-promoter!